How to Play Poker – Poker Hand Ranks
Playing the game of poker is not very difficult as it is a straight forward game.
It is easy to remember the rules of the game but what is not easy to remember the various kinds of poker hands and the rankings of these poker hands.
The following is the order of poker hand ranks which are helpful to play the game.
- The Royal Flush- This is the biggest of them all as nothing can beat this. It is very rare to find an Ace, King, Queen, and Jack along with 10 of the same suit.
- A Straight Flush- This is essentially 5 cards of the same suit in a sequence like 5,6,7,8 and 9 of hearts. This will beat all hands apart from the royal flush.
- Four of a kind- This means four same cards like all 4 kings.
- Full House-in the same hand one should 3 of one kind and 2 of another.
- A Flush-This is five cards in any order but of one suit.
- Straight- 5 cards of different suits but in order.
- Three of a Kind-This means three card of the same rank.
- Two Pairs-This means 2 pairs in the hand
- A pair- in the 5 cards one should have one pair.
- High Card- When there is no relation in the cards one gets ranked by the highest card.